Tuesday, February 17, 2015




I have gotten so many people asking me what I am going to do after I graduate. I know it is out of curiosity, and I enjoy the concern for my life that this question shows. But I know if I answered honestly the response is not that impressive. 

"I am taking time off to do nothing. I am taking the summer to think and meditate and find myself. I am taking time for myself that I have never been allowed to have. I am taking the summer to repair my emotional health. I plan to be a waitress and to plant a garden. I plan to rock climb and to do yoga. I plan to hike and bike and eat vegetables and lay in the sun and read. I am not looking for a job. I am not doing an internship. I have no relationship goals, I am not so much interested in dating or men. I have no plans to further myself career wise or pretty much in any other way than mentally. I plan to ponder, to write, and to detox. My only goals for the summer are to recover and learn about myself and what I need to understand about life to be healthy and happy." 

I guess the point of this post is to help me understand that I need to be compassionate to myself and to who I am and where I am at presently, no matter how inconsequential I may think my life is to the world around me. I'm trying to find the balance of giving myself credit and also pushing myself to be better.

I watched this today and it helped me feel more compassionate about myself. It is a great reminder of taking care of ourselves and battling for our emotional health and self worth. 



1 comment: