Wednesday, September 16, 2015

summer 2015

lots of people are asking me what is going on with my life.

to be perfectly honest i have no idea. and trying to formulate a respectable answer instead of saying

I'm single, unemployed, and homeless is proving to be rather tiring.

so for the record,

I'm single

unemployed

& homeless.

I don't know what is to come.

i . dont. freaking . know. since, about graduation in May.

but yesterday I finally got a job!

most of the summer i have just been doing my best to get out of my onesie panda jamas before 2  everyday and wanted to yell, at least I'm out of my panda onesie stop asking me questions!! at anyone who was lovingly interested in my life. but now its finally happened, i got a job!!

& everyone silently judging me about the panda onesie comment, I see you.

To celebrate my finalization of plans after a long 4 months of hustling, I made a video of my summer and job search. I have never been pulled in more directions than this summer. I've traveled more this summer than ever, to Las Vegas, Denver, New York, Seattle, Moab, and Philly! But when it comes down to it I prayed that I would end up wherever is best for me and my life's progression. And at times of discouragement and rejection I have been a little pissed about the journey there.. and asked God why he would lead me down so many different roads only to end up at a dead end and get discouraged all over again... but nonetheless.. as much as I was annoyed at the time i felt i was wasting, as much as the rejection of interview after interview didn't work out, I trust God has his hand in my life. I may not like the outcome or have it in my plans to end up where I am ending up, but i trust that i am doing everything I can, and that is reassuring that whatever happens or doesn't happen,  it will not be because I didn't hustle.

So, i'd like to announce that i will be taking a job as a graphic designer at Blender bottle in Lehi. I'm super stoked about the job, the opportunity, and the experience I will gain! I'm happy to have gotten a job for sure, but did I ever think I would end up living in provo??? Nope. wasn't even on my plan B. (or C or D or E. Ever.)  I didn't even want to stay in Utah, but I am grateful for the job itself, the friends I will be surrounded by and the move out of LOGAN! Finally! I am excited to have my own space again and not be crashing on peoples couches, floors, my hammock... I am so excited for the next step in life and to finally get to move forward and progress! So cheers to the surprising series of twists and turns and long flights and awkward interviews and rude taxi drivers that have led me to end up staying in the one place I never thought I would be, back here in good ole Utah. Provo really can't be as bad as everyone makes it out to be right??

(I'm going to try and post more videos of my daily life, a vlog of sorts I guess, bc I don't see my family enough,  we're scattered all over the united states, and I want them to know what I am up to more than the monthly phone call)









2 comments:

  1. haha babs you are the coolest person ever & i have no doubt that, no matter what you do, your life is going to ROCK. i just love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont know who you are, sorry for being creepy. but i randomly found your blog through another blog i follow. anyways...i am kind of in the exact spot as you. single. unemployed. homeless. graduated in may and have no idea what i am doing with my life. ive moved like 3 times and have held a couple minimum wage jobs. and i am now moving to utah, as per an answer to my prayers. dont know what im doing there, but god wants me there. anyways, you probably think im really weird, sorry about that. but i just thought it was kind of freaky how i was almost reading the story of my summer on your blog. congrats on the job! and yay for post grad life! haha

    http://megsadorkable.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete