Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Drive Home



Yesterday was an eventful day. Driving home from Ricky's friend's cabin in bear lake. We had a little adventure...
What is it you ask? My first car accident!
I wasn't driving, thank heavens (or we would have all been snowmen.)
& no one was hurt. thank heavens.
it was the "best" car accident scenario possible.
But soo scary nonetheless.

Here's how it all went down:
Not realizing the road conditions, we started out by Tokyo drifted around a slippery corner into the oncoming lane (we got too close to the inside corner.. slash wind & little snow falling??)
slid into the teensy snow bank on the other side of the road,
hit a pole then got knocked back on the road & caught traction
then it launched us to the original side of the road we had been driving on
and into the opposite side snow bank, where this snow bank hit turned us almost completely the opposite direction the car was originally headed.

It happened so fast but seemed so long. Probably cuz my mind made 50 more scenarios of what will happen to me next. (rolling down the giant snowy hills getting made into a killer snowball, getting hit by another car & ending up roadkill.. etc.)

But the smallest, most important thing that ran through my head in between all these deadly scenarios was that I could still feel ricky's hand in mine. & for those seconds it brought me a small calming sort of comfort (as calm as I could be at the time). I didnt realize till after how much reassurance it brought to me, like that it was going to be okay. I knew everything would be as long as I had his hand.
(cheesy? hate me for it, I thought I was a goner.)

Many things were realized because of this that I wont go into detail right now but life really is too short. Its crazy. Life is too short to be with someone who doesnt make you feel like as long as they are with you nothing can harm you & that you will be okay.
Life is too short not to be happy.
Life is too short to be embarrassed or shy.
Enjoy your life.
Suck every joyful moment out of it that you can, so when the day comes you can know you gave life everything you had & had all the joy you could have from it.

1 comment: