Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I'll Decide.

Moving on with a new phase of life is slightly uncomfortable.
even when it's the only thing you even want to do.
even when it was your choice & you know that it is the best choice.
Leaving things, people, and events, behind is even quite unnerving if you dwell on it.
Especially when that's not exactly the way you wanted things to end, but that's what seemed to have to happen.
There's a point when you say enough's enough and move forward with your own life with no apologies, no regrets, no crap to carry with you.


I guess it's sortof a thrilling double edged sword.
You decide to move forward and leave all things (settled or unsettled) behind!
To a new phase of your life without anything or anyone holding you back!
It's a bittersweet freedom. (Mostly sweet)
I guess it's just all in the way you decide to view it.

& Guess what?
I choose to be excited.

& I choose to not be sorry for moving on with my life to a better place for me.
I choose not to apologize for finding someone great & loving him the way I never felt about anyone else.
I choose not to apologize for standing up for myself & what I do & don't deserve. 
I choose to be happy even if it wasn't in someone else's plans for them.
I choose to do what is best for me in my life, growing & learning & moving forward with what I know is right.
Call me selfish.
But life is too short to let others make you unhappy, no matter how dear they are to you.

(thank you life for giving me this lesson. ..took me long enough to get it)


Happiness is essentially a state of going somewhere, wholeheartedly, one-directionally, without regret or reservation. – William H. Sheldon

I , Chelsea, vow that my happiness is & always will be mine from now on.
You can hate me for it and be bitter and mean
Or you can grow up, realize that life is better without contention & angry feelings
And be happy and join in my happiness and I will join in with yours.

Either way, this is probably the happiest I've ever been
because I realize that life isn't always perfect, but my happiness is my choice and under my control, not anyone else's.



So here's to being happy friends, no matter who hates you for it. 

4 comments:

  1. Amen Sista!!!
    You are a wealth of knowledge and I totally agree can we have a we are freaking out about moving on with life but still doing it in happiness party? asap :) love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is great. I know what you mean with deciding for yourself and not letting peoples words get you down. trust me. BYU isn't people's favorite. ha!

    love you chels! This is right and only you can really know that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you girlz too! Thanks for being supportive always & my bffs. friendsship!

    ReplyDelete