Monday, November 15, 2010

Life in the Present.

Hi.

Around Thanksgiving I always get really antsy to get to Boise, and miss my family really bad. I think my internal clock knows I will see them soon, and says, excuse me I want my home this instant.

I need to save my money, I am going to school. I am really excited for a new notebook with dividers for each class, for 3 hour art classes and projects that will help me develop into a better artist, for big lecture classes, for walking to campus in the snow with my coat and hat and gloves, for holga-ing the frosty trees on my way to class, for studying in the library, for seeing my friends on campus, for new institute classes (joseph smith history please? book of mormon? world religions? ps. registration is now open so you should all sign up for a class, nothing brings the spirit more then learning about it.) for all that I learned on my time off and getting the opportunity to better myself and gain knowledge and to achieve my goals. nerdy? yes. Am I still excited? no doubt!


I love Dutch apple pie. My friend the Bulgarian missionary served with a dutch man and now makes the best apple pie i have ever eaten. I got it yesterday and its about 5 bites from gone. It has made such an impact that yes I am blogging about it. You would understand if you tried it, don't judge.

Something I learned this weekend. Sometimes you get into situations where you are uncomfortable. You have two choices, be uncomfortable and awkward then feel weird about it and let it haunt you, or rise above it and be kind & understanding. Make the choice to be positive, and be you. Take the high road and situations are 100% better then letting things control you, instead of you controlling them.

Vanilla Bean Noel room scent arrived at B&BW (FINALLY!!) is nectar from the Gods. Pure joy whenever I enter my room. Also, hand soap for the bathroom. It might be my JOY.

Getting my hair cut. 2 weeks. Don't know exactly what I want yet. darker for sure. but that's it. not short. but i'm sure it will get hacked off and all my hard work for the last year will be in vain.





Ps. I ended up getting this sweater instead. 15 bucks compare to 80 for the other (that fits me too short and a little weirdly) I am happy with my purchase. It is heavenly soft.

Thankful for:
Being warm at night.
Friendship
Ward Council Meetings
New music
Holiday Cheer
Dad coming home from Iraq in less then a month!
Being with fam and old friends " " " "
Residing in Logan, UT.
Preach My Gospel & BOM.
Spiced Chai Tea before bed
A patient Heavenly Father who never gets tired of blessing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment