Monday, September 6, 2010

The Perks of Being a Wallflower.


I just finished this book. Let's talk about it.

This is it,
it wasn't that great. (in my opinion)
The way it was written, the voice was very well executed to the boy who was the narrator. However, the style of writing made the book seem not as well written because the voice was so child like.. or teenage like.. so it seemed like a lot of run on sentences and random ideas that weren't really important. Which is kind of how the mind thinks so kudos to them to capturing it so well, but it doesn't necessarily make the book seem that intelligent. Just in my limited knowledge of well written books that is. I wouldn't really recommend it because it gets a little dodgy at some points, but a quick read none the less to cure some down time.

After I finished this book last night, I immediately started The Alchemist because I have been wanting to read that book for a long while and I have finally got my hands on a copy. I'll let you know what I decide about it. Maybe not being in school is not as bad as I thought since I am able to get so much reading done! After that I am interested in picking up The Picture of Dorian Gray, Invisible Monsters (from the guy who wrote Fight Club), Peter Pan (don't judge me the book is a lot different then you would think I have heard), and possibly if curiosity wins over my stubborn mind The Fountainhead. But that is only if I get really bored. So, If you have any other good reads feel free to let me know of them. Friendship.

3 comments:

  1. ...then the hunger game series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. picture of dorian grey. loved it.
    also, plain truth by Emily Picoult.
    or Sarah's Key. (don't know who wrote it)

    ReplyDelete