Friday, August 13, 2010

Late Nights in Zion..Almost.

I've hit a wall.

All summer I have been going non stop without a care in the world. Well, maybe a care but they last .5 seconds and I'm back to having the time of my life the next hour.

However, recently, I have hit a bit of a slump.

I think the 3 am bedtimes, the trips that leave me udderly spent, living up the single life to the max, climbing in the morning, boating in the afternoon and playing with friends till 2am days have finally all unleashed their looming vengeance against me.

Translation - I've become incredibly tired 24/7 this passed week causing me to be a baby bit flaky on fun times.

I hate it. Honestly I am the biggest fun lover you will ever meet, and still am.. until twelve is approaching and my bed sweetly beckons.

This is going to sound completely lame but... even when it come to prospects. This summer has been.. eye opening... (haha)
So, usually there's all these strict "ladylike" rules about dating girls try to follow. For example, don't wear your comfy boyfriend jeans until date three or don't leave the house without mascara on or whatever other laws. Lately, I kinda have epically failed. It is really quite exhausting thinking of what you can or can't do all the time. Honestly, these last couple of days I'm lucky if I get out of my spandex by 4 (work clothes, judge me for it). It's hard to be so comfortable about stuff like that for a time and then have to go back to the beginning of starting over with a someone new. I guess I miss being chill with someone so that those little rules don't matter of what you wore, or if you said something stupid cuz of the comfort level you have reached. But it is only a matter of time for me I guess until that happens again. But this is it, I have a hard time remembering to be distant, cold, and uncaring in the beginning as to not lose the thrill of the chase... hate me the freak for it. Why can't people ever just say how they feel? okay I get why, but it's bothersome sometimes that's all this whiny paragraph is saying :)

Question: Is it bad that I fully intend on kicking it with my newly returned missionary friends this fall and letting a higher power decide if I need to date? I'm really just not into it so much... haha

All I know is that it is Friday night and I am blogging. I worked all day and tomorrow's early morning defers my desire to do one thing tonight but be on the couch and watch season four of One Tree Hill.. And thoroughly enjoy it. Or take a nap, or eat ice cream and blog slash google sweet ways to decorate my house, check Urban and Anthropologie's new arrivals, or stalk photographers, or read my book & go to bed. All off the above? It's possible. Does that make me anti social? or lame? or cause me to drift into social suicide? or be less appealing to fun people who pride themselves on doing fun things with their lives?
Welp, it's the end of summer and I am officially drained.

It may have something to do with taking a beating last night in the depths of sweaty, reefer smoking young adults swaying to the wonderful beats of Matisyahu. It was definitely one of my top five out of 40 some concerts I have been to. King without a Crown was surprisingly epic, as was Youth, One Day & Jerusalem, no surprise there though. The only shows I've been that have compared were himself last summer, Incubus, Chiodos with Saosin, The Brobecks (the company I was with made it wonderful) & possibly Modest Mouse. Many others were good but Matis is just.. great. He never swears and is always so in his music. You can tell he is not out to just sell a bunch of crap and have fans. Plus he is strangely incredibly sexy which definitely helps his case of being my favorite.

Also, I haven't blogged in so long I have some things to share in my time away.
My compute is up & running, therefore I have some pics that have been sitting in my phone to share.

Happiness is - boat rides at sunset coming home from a long day on the water.
Lake Powell June '10

Out back of a Maverick in Smithfield.

"Strip away the layers and reveal your soul
Give yourself up and then you become whole
You're a slave to yourself and you don't even know
You want to live the fast life but your brain moves slow

If you're trying to stay high, then you're bound to stay low
You want God but you can't deflate your ego
If you're already there, then there's nowhere to go
If you're cup's already full, then it's bound to overflow

If you're drowning out in the waters and you can't stay afloat
Ask Hashem for mercy and he'll throw you a rope
You're looking for help from God, you say he couldn't be found
Looking up to the sky and searchin' beneath the ground

Like a king without his crown, yes, I wanna get down
A king without his crown, yes, you keep fallin' down
You really want to live but can't get rid of your frown
Try reach him to the heights and wound down, down, down, down

Say what's this feeling? My love will rip a hole through the ceiling
I give myself to you from the essence of my being
An' I sing to my God, these songs of love an' healing
I want Mashiach now, and it's time we start revealing"
- King Without a Crown

No comments:

Post a Comment