Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring Break New Knowledge


Hi, just got back from Spring Break.

Losses -

Phone - ( social life, 300$, organizer, alarm clock, the more I count the more depressed I get..)
Ipod - ( All my music as well since my comp blew up last week, so feel free to donate your library.. Probably 150$ I'm out and 150 to buy a new one.. but don't worry the robber so kindly detached my headphones and graciously left them for me.. fagget)
Drivers License - (who needs them anyway? hopefully i wont have to take the test again to get another one cuz I will most likely fail)
Pillow - meh hopefully I will get it back one day.
Blanket - one of my favorites, mehhhh


Gains -

Friendships - Sweepstaaakkkessss
People in this world really are kind and generous. I gottaken care of more there then I have in a long time by complete strangers. People are mostly good. That's all.
New Experiences/Knowlegdge:

1. Going to California
2. Eating new foods such as Frozen Bananas at Venice Beach, Fish Tacos after playing with starfish on the warf, getting fresh California rolls in California @ the Farmers Market, and getting delicious Pinkberry in Santa Barbara. (If you couldn't tell, the food was pretty much one of my favorite parts of the trip nbd)

3. Seeing so many different kinds of people in one place. Listen ya'll I'm from Idaho and all we really have are white folks & Hispanics. Not really any bums, not very many asians, some granola people but never kids out of the street advertising legal weed. So crazy. So many different people everywhere you go.. mainly in Venice beach & LA (tranny mermaids, bums of all shapes & sizes & people who will sell & do the weirdest things for a couple of dollars) Kinda eye opening..

3.5 Going to Disneyland!! I've been to Disney World but this trip opened my eyes to Toy Story & the Wild Rapids one in California Adventure & the Alice in Wonderland ride! Loved the Pirates one too cuz when I went to DWorld 5 years ago it was closed for remodeling. The only thing I missed out on was Indiana Jones which I hear is the best one but, ignorance is bliss right? I stand firm now more then ever before that indeed I, Chelsea Lynn, want to honeymoon at Disney. Also this I got pictures with goofy, pluto, Andy & almost mickey but we could'nt stop (not my choice I was forced!!) Pretty sure seeing them almost made me pee my pants, and Im pretty sure I will get as excited even when im forty and taking my kids there..
4. There really are people in the world that will steal your shiz. I always knew they were out there I guess, but it's never really happened to me. I feel bad that they have a life that they feel like that's what they need to do or that that is okay to do. Well, I learned to keep all your shiz locked, and close to you at all times when you leave UT/ID. Also this no disrespect but I officially hate the vegas strip. What a perverted sick nasty place. I can stand it for about 3 days but after that.. barf!

5. Shopping. Vegas, LA, Venice, Malibu, Chinatown, Santa Barbara?? Why don't I live there? Oh yeah cuz I would have no money to pay the rediculous rent and become a bum in H&M. First time visits include : H&M, American Apparel, ZARAS!!, Swap Meet in Fairbanks, Free People, Betsy Johnson (barf), Tillys, Juicy Couture, & the sweetest little shops all around including Chinatown & Santa Barbara Main Street. (Hi, yes I am now very poor, it's fine.)

Also these realization came to me this week:

I want a house in Malibu. (Stop laughing it could happen! You don't even know!)

Why don't I have a camera? Biggest regret was not being able to take pics there. Guess I'll have to go back!

Surfing is hot, don't really care what you look like.

California is as chill as it is made out to be, but not as glam. Who in their right mind would pay 7 dollars for a water bottle? Give me a break. That's All.

I love making new friends, and I loved it this trip. Would have loved to travel with one of my friends too just in case though, I took a risk and it worked out good, but any longer and I could have seen it go really awkward, really quickly haha.

California was so great, but I came to the realization on this trip that I might have caught the Paul Jones disease. You know the one where when you don't go hiking or climbing or flying giant kites for too long & then you get antsy and feel like you need to cliff jump or parkour off of everything under ten feet, yep that one. I realized this when I got sick of shopping (gasp I know) & I saw windsurfing and almost asked him if he could teach me how. Oh man what have I become?!

Overall it was a great trip and it was weird that I learned of so many things in such a short amount of time! I love traveling because of this and am determined to get out of UT again at least for a while this summer. Favorite discovery of the trip though :


I have never really been a huge Gorillaz fan, but I got to hear a lot of their new album this past week and it was really great. Sweepstakes!! Okay not really that song but its a good album so check it out.

Now I'm back in Logan to my life and honestly I missed it! I'm excited to get back to school and my friends and pick up the pieces of my stolen stuff haha I'm still gonna pray for warm weather though :) hope you all had a safe & gnar spring break!

No comments:

Post a Comment