Thursday, January 21, 2010

I May Need 12 Steps..

Do you ever come into phases of life where you become udderly and completely obsessed with certain things at first discovery? Almost to the point where you start to be embarassed that you visit the same website 7 times a day, or look at the same pictures all the time, or listen to the same songs on repeat? Sometimes this happens so much that you may or may not begin to hide these funny habits from your roomates or close friends?

Okay, I have to admit..that I, Chelsea Lynn, am guilty of the before stated dilemmas, and I feel as though to break through, I need to bring my addiction into light, as weird and complicated as it might be. (Remember, this is a judge free blog everyone)

I need to explain -

Recently, I have had this weird burden of having no output for doing anything artistic. One can compare it to a toaster who loves to toast bread and bagels and on occasion frozen waffles, but to his dismay no one will plug him into the wall so he can do what he is made to do! This is my dilemma somedays, and it is as melodramatic as it sounds :)

Because of my artsy withdrawls, I think the lack thereof has caused me to have a deep unexplainable growing love for... window displays and store designs (gasp). I think it's because I've had the epiphany that If I was ever to be placed in a job where I would love my life so much until I threw up, making window designs for Anthropologie would be it.(sorry for the vulgar reference)

Just last weekend, I went to the store in the gateway and there was a chandelier of sorts, made up of hundreds of old hanging lightbulbs. As all other words failed, all that I thought to do it justice came the words of Cassidy from my mouth, "Oh Please Bless."



Here are some examples of my uncontrollable infatuation.


Amazing light display #2


Haha love it.



Love the hose.



These are just hanging bulbs in bags of soil.. but really.


The igloo is made of recycled milk jugs, that's all.





Teacup Chandelier, please.


Why yes there is a wall of grasses in the London store, didn't you know?


Saved the best, and my personal favorite for last. This display is made from, don't worry, MARSHMALLOWS. Marshmallows! Mallows & fishing wire, no big deal. And it's so beautiful. Who comes up with this?! (..me one day please?)





I am in Love. I am obsessed. And there's no end in sight.

2 comments:

  1. oh please bless!! I LOVE THESE! I would love if you had that job! how marvelous! and so satisfying.

    ReplyDelete