Thursday, December 1, 2011

tips from last weekend.


Boys if you like a girl DO NOT do any of the below mentioned things on date 1 if you want her to stick around:

1. Do not ever, I repeat EVER get the door only once the whole night for her and then psych her out and walk through it first. THIS IS A DEAL BREAKER. You are selfish and inconsiderate and if you want to make a good impression on a first date this is the last thing to do.

2. Do NOT give her the option or suggest she drives once arriving to pick her up or anything of the sort. If you don't have heat in your car bring a friggen blanket. You're gross and it's only minute 7 of the date and you are acutely unattractive from the passenger seat.

3. Never under any circumstance take her to a restaurant and then when being seated decide it is too expensive and make her get up and leave to go to chili's. YOU ARE TACKY.

4. Whilst at Chili's DO NOT tell/suggest to her to get 1 of 6 choices of dinners just so you can get the 2 for 20 deal. Thanks for asking me on a date and deciding what I can and can't order, you're a gentlemen and a scholar.*

*I am as knowlegdable as the next college student as to how poor we all are. I am not suggesting you take me to hamiltons here. but being tacky and cheap as to tell me what to order is just bossy and gross. I'm not materialistic or shallow I just don't want to be made to feel like a burden on a date you asked me to go on. 


5. After dinner do not set a time limit for my digestion of dinner. Also you probably shouldnt get openly annoyed when I don't want to stand up and scream for 2 hours with you with a belly chuck full of chicken. & I quote
Him: "if you sit down it makes me look like a DBag, you should stand up."
Me: "I'm really sorry, I'm jsut really not feeling that well, just give me a couple minutes to digest.. if that is okay?"
Him: "Well, you've had like 15 minutes to digest already. You're making me look like you don't want to be here with me and I look like a tool."
Me: in my brain "Um..is this guy serisous? really? How about you take me home, would that be more appeasing to your ego? how much longer is a socially acceptable date length again?" check watch for the third time.

6. If you are 20 and a preemie and I am 22, I don't want to date you. No explanation necessary. It's just how it is. Sorry.

7. DO NOT explain on the first date how much you haven't dated recently and how you are so incredibly picky but for some reason I happened to catch your eye because you "like my style." Do you not realize my roommate told me you asked her on a date last month? I'm not flattered.
Note to self: 
stop doing everything I have been doing. starting now. done. 
8. Do not continue to text me after you have left a voicemail and I never returned your call. Get the hint, I'm not interested. It is as embarassing for me as it is for you, trust me.  


9. It is really evident to me that your goal in life is to be known as a legitimate hipster. Your slouchy beanie and deep v already give me this evidence. You do not have to ask me if I know this or that band every other sentence during our time together. Music is beautful to me and a great joy, but your music snobbery is a rather feeble attempt at your desperate plea for my respect and to prove your "legitness". On that note also, I'm an art major. The fact that you dabble with watercolor is not that impressive to me, sorry now I'm the one being a snob, but if you hadn't bragged about this fact at least 6 different times on the date it wouldn't even be an issue now would it?


even just for friendship: 
10. Never come to her house uninvited, eat her food, ask for favors, complain about your unrequited love, ask for rides to school, and then leave without so much as a thank you or what can I do for you. Using girls for their kind motherly love and service is disrespectful no matter how you sugar coat it. It's gross and unacceptable. 

11. You should give as much as you get and then some. This may seem archaic or old school but even just friends should treat you to the worth that you have. I'm not saying I need to be worshiped, treated like a dainty princess or that I'm fragile and need someone to take care of me, but we are all holy children of our heavenly father and should be treated as such. Not what can I get from someone but what can I give. Most guys don't get that and it is gross that amount they ask for from their "friends."

needless to say my "give everyone at least one date rule" is abolished. The happiness I felt when I finally made it home from this torturous night  made me realize some people just should be exempt from this rule. 

Crazy awesome dating experience I know.
 And my Bishop asks me why I'm not dating anyone. I want to blank stare him until he understands how pathetically unimpressed I am with the male gender these days. 

These passed couple weeks I learned a valuable lesson. Some people just don't belong in your life. They arent bad people but you don't have to keep them around especially when they are not uplifting.

 I never thought being so blunt would be a good thing, but when it's your only choice left there's no getting around it. It's just so foreign to me to.. have to stand up so hard for myself.  I've never really had to experience something like this but I'm grateful for the lord teaching me a valuable lesson on standards for myself and others if they want to have a place in my life.

Sometimes you have to be self reliant and do what is best for your progression and life, no matter who may not like it.

It's weird. well, here's to lessons learned and progression made. 




That's my rant. I'm done now. 

5 comments:

  1. Funniest thing i've read in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Cheals. I love you a lot. I laughed out loud for many minutes while reading this, and I'm glad you've abolished your give everyone a first date chance rule.
    Love you, miss being your neighbor, promise you'll call me the next time you're in the 801.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and then I misspelled Chels. Must be after midnight, which means I'm no longer responsible for my actions. As you were.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like THE worst date ever! :)

    ReplyDelete