Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Happenings

via pinterest

I have never had a Christmas I enjoyed more. I also have never had more humble Christmas. Funny how that works. I really think I am getting to the age where I really just want to spend time with my family, less time with the presents and hype of Christmas. It was marvelous.

Christmas Highlights: 

-My Grampa and me having some quality time while he showed me via google maps where he grew up in Michigan and the childhood shananigans that came with it.

-Looking through my grandmas family history book with her. New years resolution to do more work.

-Playing with my cousins, and enjoying it..

-Spending time with my dad, him showing us pictures from Iraq, seeing movies together, spending Christmas eve with him.

-Long talks with my mom on the drive home. She is my therapist and the best listener.

-Visiting and bringing treat to the elderly in the retirement home on Christmas Eve. & we visited my elderly friend J. He is 91, and still quick as a whip, it had been too long.


This week I am semi ashamed to say that I cried. At least 3 times. It's funny though, all 3 times were not from a place of sadness, weren't out of fear or unknowing, they were from an overflowing amount of gratitude and  joy.

Specifically one night while getting into bed I reflected on the days events and was amazed at how much the lord's love has impacted my life, and how grateful I was to be in the place that I was able to handle the events of that day. 2 or 3 months or even weeks ago I would have laughed at the fact of those events happening. I am truly grateful that we are both better for it, and happy. It was not me, I am not that person who could have sat there and been truly happy for someone and not heartachy for myself, or so I thought. But it happily surprised me how easy it was to be happy for someone doing well. It reaffirmed to me that through the lord, I can be made bigger then who I am, that is honestly the only explanation of where I am now.

Blessed. I am blessed. Here's to pressing onward, and seeing what new adventures it leads me to. Hope everyone had a marvelous Christmas!

Now I'm off to a wedding reception. Congrats to my beautiful friends Amanda (please) & Alfie! Hopefully I can snap some pics to show off their amazing style here later.

No comments:

Post a Comment