Sunday, October 23, 2011

The changing leaves of life.

Sometimes I do this thing called looking back to this day the previous year & what I was doing. When I think of this time of year last year I feel like a 5 year old who insists of staying up past their bedtime because they don't want to go to bed.

I hope one year when I look back to the person I used to be I wont be embarrassed by how little I knew about things. But I'm sure next year at this time I will feel just as sheepish but for different reasons. I guess that feeling is evidence of a good thing though, it means I'm growing & learning which are always good things.

Today I was making pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and thought the last time I made them & owl cupcakes and our roommate Halloween party.


Sometimes memories come back to me, & I would give anything to be who I am now back then, but then I think, I couldn't be.  I'm happy with who I have become and I know there was no way around the things that brought me here to be here now. So I guess I shouldn't wonder or want to go back and be different, because the fact is to be here now I had to go through it.

So, here I am, making more fall cookies, having more Halloween parties and looking forward to the new things that are to come, focusing on what is next and not what might have been if I was who I am now, back then.

At least I can finally say it really is all behind me now, and I am free to progress without anything pulling me back  to those days when I was a 5 year old begging to stay up and eat treats and play with scissors or something..

Things that bring me joy now:


-starting a new job that is semi scary but allows Sundays to be sacred
-having great new roommates who I love dearly
-fall colors 
-being closer to the human the lord wants me to be & closer to him as well & continually progressing.


I'm thankful to meet this fall better then I was last year. funny how it usually works out this way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment