Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Being Active.

“A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you. …
“By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another” (John 13:34–35).
The love the Savior described is an active love. It is not manifested through large and heroic deeds but rather through simple acts of kindness and service.

As I was on the elliptical (sp?) today,
(I love my alone time at Icon, it is where I do my best thinking & pondering.) 
I thought through this process in my mind:  
"I always ask for comfort and say thank you for it and it is so amazing how he always delivers, but I never have wondered how the Lord is doing.. 
I mean I'm sure he gets sad at times of how some of His children don't remember him in important times, forsake him and his teachings, and even are angry and despise him for their lack of understanding.. that must be hard to deal with everyday by everyone! 
To be honest, I know he is probably wonderful because he has a perfect knowledge, but I feel bad I never have thought about him and his well being, I just ask and he gives.. what a brat.."
Then a thought came to me that went something like this. 
"I need to give something back, to help him, for all that he has & will do for me!!" 
(zzzing spirit whispered, if ye love me feed my sheep.)
Duh. Helping his children = helping him be happy, because his children are then happy and he is happy that they are happy."
happy. had to say it one more time just in case. 
I mean I've known this concept for forever but never really understood it in such a manner as real as I did today. 


When I served someone before I always just want to help the person, because they were hurting and I wanted to make them feel better, not really thinking that I am helping the Lord too and for Him to be happy too.. crazy! To think we little pee ons can help make the Lord have joy. The one who has given to us all & any joy we have ever felt in this life. Just by telling someone they are great, or sharing our testimony that they will be okay, or letting them lean on us for a bit, or dropping by a nice note and some cookies. We can begin to really show the lord we love him and are thankful, instead of just keep asking and asking. 
Anyways, that's all.This is a new goal of mine. Being ACTIVE in my love for humans and the lord. 
Happy Wednesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment