Thursday, April 7, 2011

Rainy Day + Pagoda = Happiness.

Today, is a great day.
I had class at 9, a group meeting & a test, which I feel pretty confident about. (get the results tomorrow, wish me luck)

I caught the bus up TWICE!
Usually, I hear it pass my house and my mind immediately cuts to me being at the top of old main stairs, my bag seemingly weighing ten more lbs then usual, me huffing and puffing at an embarrassing volume, that makes those around look at me like "is that girl okay? does she need help? she seems like shes suffocating.."

 I swear no matter how much I work out, those stairs are always humbling. 

& it was a really rainy day. Which is weird for me to be in a constant, downright cheery mood.
I think it might be because I used my roommates adorable old fashioned umbrella all the while. Maybe that's why the rain didn't bother me as much..

fun fact: I love umbrellas. I have somewhat of a teensy collection that I would love to make grow. So you can imagine my excitement when I saw this in my kitchen.


This picture doesn't even do it justice. 
Not only is it an umbrella, but a vintage shaped umbrella! Two of my favorite things combined into one wonderful creation. I did some research and found out the shape is called a Pagoda Umbrella. 

um..hi, Pagoda. Nice to make your acquaintance.. friendship? Be mine forever? i love you. 

I must get one (or 17) of my own someday.. Like maybe one of these.. (or all of them??) 



If only this was red and white, I could pretend I'm in a teensy circus wherever I went.. 







Ruffles?! Just when I thought it couldn't possibly get any more precious..


 Mint green people! MINT GREEN!



Also this, 

are you dying yet?
Before today if you would have asked me if I wanted it to rain on my wedding day I probably would have given you a terrible grimace. 
But if you asked me again now.. 





If you are obsessed as I am, the place to go for these babies is Bella Umbrella. Take a gander if you please. 

Bring on the rain baby! Oh wait now it is snow..& lots of it. 
Oh mother nature, you are just so misunderstood in this town of ours I feel. I want to believe you are not a heinous witch but sometimes you make it so hard.. 

Thank you for the moisture anyhow, it will make this valley of ours so beautiful and green in the summer. 

Welp, due to the snow dump my art class in Brigham is cancelled! Here's to no near death experiences in Sardine Canyon tonight! Now that's something to be happy about :) 

Now I get to listen to more conference talks and take much needed nap! 
What can I say, I lead a crazy life

Friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment