Thursday, November 4, 2010

Wonderful Week

I want to bare my heart a little right now because this week has been one of the most amazing in my life and I would feel a little bit ungrateful not sharing about the many blessings I have received from it.

This week I realized something. Not realizing like,
"hey thats a cool saying to think about,"
but one of those experiences where you say
"this is a really cool saying, and I remember hearing it before and thinking that, but now I have a definite testimony that it is real."
& the realization is this -

Draw near unto God and He will draw near unto you.

I had no idea how true this is until I have been putting it into action. Its crazy, a couple of weeks ago I felt fine about everything, except I knew that if i wanted to serve a mission, I needed to be prepared in the decision i was making. So, I went to bed earlier so I could read & ponder the scriptures so I would be awake, starting reading & participating in the preach my gospel lessons, and pouring my heart out in my prayers. I made a list of goals, and I have been trying to base my life on righteous principles.

I thought, maybe if I try really hard, I don't know something will happen, and I will learn something and get guidance in what is to come next in my life.

Holy heck. Really, it is crazy because it was kinda just a shot in the dark, but I feel like I am a completely changed person from just a couple of weeks. Not that I felt like I was doing bad things cuz I wasn't, but I didn't even realize how much I was missing out on. reading the BOM in my down time has blessed me so much to receive those little A HA! moments that I know are not from me, that change my perspective for so much better on daily events.

Please, I am not writing this to say how cool I am or how great so don't get it twisted. Im writing this to testify to you that if you do those things that are kinda like, things you know you probably should be just don't for one reason or another, you will get above and beyond experiences that are AMAZING!! You will draw closer to the Lord and I promise, promise, promise, Life Gets SO Much.. More. If you make the effort to draw closer to Him & take one step toward Him, he doesn't just wait for you to get to him, he will take one step closer to you too! And you will know and see it in your life that the little things you struggle with or the annoying habits that you have will seem less and less hard for you and your goals become more and more insight! I always thought "Well, this is just the way I am, and I will always be this way with the little things I struggle with," But this week I realize that Through Him you can be better then you ever thought was possible for you to be! Because He loves you, and He will help you if you ask and draw near to Him!

Anyways, maybe this is old news to you, but it is amazing to me right now. I'm so blessed to know what I know and have been born into this gospel. Its crazy. Anyways, that's all for now! Love you my friendships.


ps. Also, this if you desire.


4 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you, Chels!
    We could not be more lucky to have this gospel in our lives!
    A lot of the time I know I take it for granted and have realized this past week as well that if you put forth more of an effort to reach out, your efforts will be rewarded. You're such a great example to me-love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chels. i've felt this way the whole semester because of the BOM. I love it.
    It's a true book. I know it.
    the church is true.
    love it.
    and you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! You've inspired me.

    ReplyDelete