Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I Am

NOT WEAK.

Just because:

I would rather smother conflict with kindness.

I would rather apologize then argue till I'm blue in the face about who was right or wrong.

I take into consideration how my actions effect others and try to think about things and people's feelings.

I don't demand to be the center of attention so yes I am content just enjoying the people in the room sometimes.

I choose not to announce my accomplishments to a room full of people. Hate me the freak for it.

I hide the things that are closest to me because they are precious and should not be viewed by just anyone.

I love my friends and the people closest to me with my whole heart, soul and being. Does it make me weak that when I do love, I love with my whole heart?

I do not like to argue or have contention in my life so I try to understand all sides of ideas.

Obviously, I stand up for what I believe in but in my way and usually drop arguments if they are not being seen with understanding by both parties.

I can be a lion trust me. With things pertaining to what is right, the people I love, or with my self worth. So don't mess. But meaningless arguments/contention that are just made up by people bored with their lives or to insult others, I do not give my time and effort to. If this makes me weak or in some way of poor character then so be it. Excuse a women for trying to be more of a peacemaker in a world where women are taught that they need to be just as demanding as men. This is my point - If you do not see the great worth of a peaceful, kind, loving person then maybe you need to check what you think is important. Just saying.


2 comments:

  1. i love this.
    i feel like i am the same way.
    sometimes i wish i'd let myself just let loose and go crazy on someone.
    but nope.
    never gonna happen.
    i know me too well.
    love ya roommmate.
    friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. talk on the corner...
    I feel ya!

    I LOVE YOU! ps and buried life (only a little bit into it, but still!)

    ReplyDelete