Sunday, May 25, 2014

Gratitude

Today we had a lesson about gratitude. From a lady who just lost her 12 year old nephew. LAST WEEK.

Her sister, (his mother) was also in attendance and bore her testimony of how she definitely wished this would never have happened, but how she was grateful for the strength and love this experience has brought to her family. She spoke weepy but faithful. I could literally FEEL the Lords presence holding her up as she sat in her chair, supporting her. I could feel His love for her and her family as she spoke.  You could feel that her heart was completely and in all its entirety broken, but that she was being comforted before my very eyes, with every grateful, wise, and humble word she spoke.

She wasn't in sweats crying in her bed (which let's be honest, is where I would be for months, I'm positive). She was up, dressed, speaking sadly but strong, and in church testifying of her gratitude to the Lord, literally 6 days after her son had been taken in a tragic accident. Her and her sister stood together and voiced "we are a forever family." The unity and strength was more factual than the laws of gravity, there was no denying that they would be together again. They knew it, testified of it like each mornings imminent sunrise, and in turn seeing them, we all knew it.

How grateful I am of this woman's example of strength. I didn't talk to her, I will probably never see her again or meet her, but her diligence, faith and strength I will never forget. The strength of mothers guys, not an army of thousands could match it, I'm positive.

I can't express my gratitude for the Relief Society and the strength of women. I have never met stronger, more beautiful women than I have encountering the diligent, loving women who know the Lord as their best friend, their support, their father. I guess all I really wanted to say is thank you. Thank you to the women who choose everyday to continue to try to be better. You inspire me. Heroins are not just ladies who do grandiose things, I think the most beautiful heroins are those who simply choose to push against the urge to give up on hard things, and each day continue to try; be it to progress, to continue to love people, and to hold onto hope instead of anger. The grateful in spirit.

Could I suggest that we see gratitude as a disposition, a way of life that stands independent of our current situation? In other words, I’m suggesting that instead of being thankful for things, we focus on being thankful in our circumstances—whatever they may be.

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2014/04/grateful-in-any-circumstances?lang=eng

READ IT ^^^  THNXLUVUBYE

1 comment: