Thursday, October 17, 2013

We Love Treats


A couple of weekends ago my bestie/lover and I were looking for a way to excuse ourselves eating more treats than we already do. So we decided if we MAKE the treat it's like not as bad for you.. Right? So we decided to launch ourselves into the fall season (and possibly early diabetes) and make baked caramel apples! 

Here's some shots from our night. 




He volunteered to stir (eat) the caramel.. 


 
I hollowed out my apple so I could fit all the goodies inside like ice cream and caramel. I put all the insides back in after, dashed (or doused) it with some cinnamon and let it bake while the caramel was melting. Then I took it out after 10 ish min (it smelled like warm apple pie!) and topped it off with ice cream and caramel. Yummy! 
and since it was majority a fruit it's healthy right? Mmhmm sure.. 
Happy Fall! 

 



1 comment: