Friday, March 25, 2011

Freedom.

Do you ever want to leave the world behind 
go into the woods, another state, a different place, any other place 
by yourself and away from everything that can form sentences?

where you don't have anyone to answer to 
no deadlines
no responsibilities
no burdens
no emails 
no problems



just yourself. your thoughts. your desires. 
what you want to do, never what you need to do
or all the things you need to get done. 
no one counts on you and no one holds you to anything. 

No ones ideals running through your head 
no obligations to make your life meaningful and successful of that which society makes for you since the day you were born. 

just You & Nature & God. 



Today I wish that. 
maybe I will take a drive through the canyon. 

.. and never come back. 

joke. I would come back eventually. Because I have to. 

 So I will do my pointless, keep me busy for 2,000 dollars a semester homework, set up appointments, talk to people who think they know more then my mere tiny ignorant 22 year old  mind, and let those self important people downtrodden my every never good enough action and socialize with those who couldnt careless but to fulfill their own feelings of obligation to keep in touch or wish to know the latest info. Because when they are still rotting in this hell hole of a ever snowing, butt freezing till you want scream, suck the life out of anyone who likes being semi warm, pointless money sucking overtaking college town, I will be somewhere far far away doing great things that help people. And making art without directions and rules. I will write things without a thesis or a word count.

I am blessed. I know that. Out of my mind blessed. Today/this week, has just been a little rough. But I know I will pull through. & one day soon the sun will come out again..


What i'm getting at is that 
I want to be Free. 
I hate school, but I know I need it. 
I hate this cold weather but I have to deal with it.
I hate being poor but I need school to make it so I am not. 

I have no choices & it's a terrible feeling. 

I vow here and now. One day I will get my degree and leave this place & look back in this time of my life and be thankful for it. One day I will never think about school again and do whatever I want and go wherever I want, when I want to. One day I will not be downtrodden by people who make me feel like I'm one step away from being a complete waste of a human body to society. One day I will live my life the way I want to and I will be thankful for the hard times that shaped me into who I am destined to become.  

Because one day I WILL be free.



2 comments:

  1. You, my friend, are very gifted with words. This post is lovely, and i think alot of people feel the same way but cant seem to put it into words...and you just did, perfectly. Love you bab!

    p.s. The Possibility song by Lykke li sets a sensational mood for the post (because it automatically plays when you open your blog), and makes me feel fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy poop. I like you. That was a beautiful post, and I thoroughly enjoyed it! Thank you, dear!

    ReplyDelete