Monday, November 9, 2009

Life vs. Regina Spektor

Once upon a time I wanted to go to see this girl Regina play her piano.

I had a test review that night so we had to be a little late leaving. We drove to slc and she started way earlier then we all had imagined she would, (being the big star that she is) so we had to hurry and find a parking spot lickity split!
- Ever tried to park at the Venue? -
30- 35 minutes later we found one that was a little sketchy but we were willing to make it work because she had already started and we were going crazy! We were hurrying to get things together since we packed up a bunch of stuff to stay in Riverton for the weekend, & all the sudden we looked up & saw a mean looking man who looked rather intimidating, walked real close past the front of my window and kept looking over to us every 2.5 seconds. He then stopped walking 3 steps past the front of my car and continued to look at us in between checking his phone. He was seemingly waiting for us to get out, even with my lights shining on him. We found this sketchy & asked each other what the heck he was doing continuing to make eye contact & waiting for us. Anyone who knows me, knows that i get creeped easily but this was not a little creek in the house when your home alone, this was a legit creeper, in the creeping process being displayed right in front of us, & I was afraid that if we ignored this creep status, he would make sure one of these things would come to pass:
A. Hold us at gunpoint/knifepoint/bladepoint until we gave him all our possessions
B. Creep us terribly until we told him that he could have our possessions if he agreed not to murder us
or C. steal our possessions & murder us later

(Ps. I'm not a racist, it was legit really sketchy! Especially late at night on a dark abandoned street!) So thinking about my options I turned my car back on and drove away quickly. Needless to say I sacrificed Regina for my life, it had to be done.
Oprah Winfrey once said, "Follow your instincts. That's where true wisdom manifests itself."

So, instead we went to the gateway and I bought an owl ring & a red hat. I am content with my life being still in tact & my new purchases. The End.

Ps. I am sad that I didn't see many of my friends this weekend that I wanted to. Please forgive me, & I hope to see all of you soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment